SALEMPUR is one of the 99 Villages Development Committee in Sarlahi District in the Janakpur Zone of south-eastern Nepal. It has a population of 8110 people living in 1084 individual households. Area of the Village Development Committee is 6.457 square kilometers and density of the Village is 1255.9.
Total population of the village has 8110 male 4390 and female 3720. Ratio of the VDC is 80% farmers, 10% business men and rest of the population is job holder. This located at 6 kms North from Malangwa, the district head quarter of Sarlahi.
SALEMPUR VDC has 2 villages i.e. SALEMPUR, and BHALUWAHA consists of 9 wards. SALEMPUR is nearly 1 km from BHALUWAHA and neighboring villages are Brahampuri, Gamhariya, Aurahi and Agarwa.
Since last few years alots of youths have been working in Gulf and many other countries like Malaysia, Korea, India. Hence the VDC’s economical condition has been started booming up, which in turn has created positive impact on public awareness, education and general lifestyle.
- South – Gamhariya, distance 2 kms
- North – Agarba, distance 1 kms
- East –Brahampuri, distance 2.5 kms
- West – Aurahi, distance 1 kms
Former President and vice-president
- Mr. Kaushal Kishor Yadav, former president of Salempur, ward no – ?
- Mr. Ramchalitar Ray, former vice-president of Salempur, ward no – ?
- Rampukar Yadav (Secretary), Mob-9844032396
- Ramsikil Ram (Asst–secretary), Mob 9807671750
Familiar Personality and Social Worker
- Mr. Jangilal Ray, ward no-1
- Mr. Ashok Kumar Yadav, Ward no – x
- Mr. Dev narayan ray, ward no-2
- Mr. Raj kumar Yadav, ward no – x
- Mr. Ram chandra ray, ward no-3
- Mr. Adhin ansari, ward no-4
- Mr. Ram ekwal mahato, ward no-5
- Mr. Sudhakar jha, ward no-6
- Mr. Kaushal kishor ray, ward no-7
- Mr. Bhupnarayan ray, ward no-8
- Mr. Isar Lal Mahato, Bhalwaha, ward no-9
- Mr. KIshori Mahto, Manager of AD Bank
- Mr. Nathuni Mahto, Tax office Incharge
- Mr. Braham Dev Yadav, trainer of CDO s
- Mr. Engg. Tejnarayan Ray
- Nagina Ray
- Satyanarayan Ray
- Chetnarayan Ray
- Bharamdev Ray
- Government High School
o Shri Public Lower Secondary, Salempur - 6
o Sri Janta Primary School, Bhaluwaha tole -9
- Local market is located at SALEMPUR one Market located at main Chowk of Salempur near the main road another located at health post.
- Sri Ramjanki math Salempur - 8
- Sri janki sharan Math Salempur - 3
- Sri Chameli Mai Mandir Salempur - 6
- Total ponds 7 and a Nahar comes from Bagmati river.
- Jhim river
Government and Private orgnisations
- Now adays Armyed Police Camp Established inside north of salempur
- Animal health post-1
- A VDC office
- A public health post
SALEMPUR is in monsoon type of climate. Like most parts of north-west Nepal it receives maximum rainfall by southwestern monsoon.
Garden and about Greene
Posted by – Amit Yadav / SD team.